to Make a Beautiful Difference
Kenra Professional has partnered with The Rapunzel Project®, a non-profit organization dedicated to helping cancer patients keep their hair during chemotherapy through the use of cold cap technology. We have proudly donated over $70,000 and are committed to further fundraising and advocacy on behalf of our company team, distributors, vendors, salons, and clients.
THE RAPUNZEL PROJECT™
• Founded by two breast cancer survivors,
Nancy Marshall and Shirley
• Billigmeier, this non-profit organization is dedicated to helping
• keep their hair during chemotherapy.
• Its mission is to raise awareness
of the existence and efficacy of the cold cap
• method for preserving hair during chemotherapy and to raising funds
• to purchase biomedical freezers for oncology
COLD CAP TECHNOLOGY
• Patients have an option for keeping their hair during chemotherapy
• cap technology.
• This technology has been widely used with great success in Europe
• years, and it is finally gaining momentum
in the United States.
• Frank Fronda, the scientist who invented a cold cap, indicates
that cold cap
• technology has a proven 90% effective
rate for hair retention.
• Cold cap technology involves the use of special caps that are
frozen to a very
• cold temperature and are worn before,
during, and after each chemotherapy
• treatment. The cooling of the hair follicles
prevents chemotherapy toxins from
• reaching them, preserving the follicles
and therefore preserving the
• patient's hair.
HAIR GIVES HOPE
•"When you look better, you feel better. And when you feel
better, you heal
• better," says Nancy Marshall, co-founder
of The Rapunzel Project.
•"Keeping your hair while undergoing chemotherapy is not
• about identity," indicates Nancy.
"Knowing she can keep her hair can help
• liberate a patient emotionally and physically
from the 'cancer patient' label
• and improve self-image, dignity and morale—vital,
yet often overlooked,
• elements of overall wellness."
KENRA PROFESSIONAL'S CONTRIBUTION
• This cause is meaningful to all of us – our company team,
stylists, and clients–and we can
all partner to make a beautiful difference.
• Kenra Professional has donated in excess of $70,000 to The Rapunzel Project
and we are
committed to raising an additional $250,000
in support of this important
cause to help FIGHT cancer.
• To learn more, get involved, or make a donation, please visit
and "like" us on Facebook.
• Cancer accounts for 1 in every
• worldwide and 1 in every 4 deaths
• the US.
• More than 1.5 million new cancer cases
• were diagnosed in the US in 2010.
• 8% of women and men forgo
• chemotherapy, a life-saving treatment,
• fear of losing their hair.
Join us on Facebook